Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Wyndham Is breaking my financial back` (by Don P.):

I contacted the resorts and made sure I got a hold of the right person that handles ownerships and titles. I explained to them that I was going to get rid of my timeshares with or without their cooperation and that it was in their best interest to work with me. They both agreed and the process was quick and inexpensive. I was up to date on my maintenance fees and assessments. I just paid a minimal fee for processing the paperwork and it was done in less that thirty days. I even sent gift cards to the people that processes the transaction for me when it was over. I was prepared to stand my ground and I was going to get the titles out of my name if they didn't work with me.

I just read an article in Timesharing Today where a letter writer gave his story about getting rid of his timeshare recently . He contacted the resort and told them that he no longer wanted his timeshare and asked them to take it back through a deed back. They refused and he told then that he was not going to pay his maintenance fees anymore and that they could take him to court . He stated that he didn't care if they sent a collection agency after him. You have the right to notify them not to contact you and if they do you can sue them for thousands of dollars for each violation. He stood his ground. The resort eventually contacted him and agreed to take the unit back through a deed back. They realized it was less expensive to work with him then spend thousands of dollars in court costs and lost maintenance fees .

Most people are intimidated by the big corporations but they come to their senses when they are stood up to and they realize what's in their best financial interest.

I'm just passing on our stories and you have to decide what is best for yourself. Good luck and let us know if you successfully get rid of your timeshares.