Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Did you study this purchase at all? (by John I.):

Most people go to timeshare meetings because they were offered something for free. That is the only way that developers can get them in the door. Then the violin comes out and the "magic of vacations" is unveiled by the salesman. And then you sign a contract that you have never seen, and you go home and feel good about it. Have you read your contract? Are all the promises in writing? Are the advantages of buying direct explained in writing? Can you get out of the contract if you find that you don't like it? (NO).

I find it amusing that people will spend more time researching the purchase of a $40 toaster than a lifetime commitment to a timeshare contract.

Do me a favor..... Go to www.ebay.com. Type in "Holiday Inn timeshare." Look at the results. It is your money. Spend it whatever way you like. But to say you are willing to spend $12,000+ to get a week that a salesman will pick out for you ("I'll pick you a good week.") is just plain foolish. Good luck, Jerry.