Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone ever sold their timeshare to Despegar.com travel agency? (by Aaron B.):

No he assured me that I would not have to pay. The bank account info was only for the deposit of the funds. If I didn't feel comfortable giving bank info they would just send me a certified check less the 8% commission. I would then sign the transfer over to them.

I don't want to argue the fact this could be a scam it just differentiated from the rest that I read. I want as many facts as possible.

lancec13 wrote:
aaronb179 wrote:
He assures me they take an 8% commission on the sale. I can have payment sent via certified check or bank transfer. I am welcome to open a free bank account if I dont feel comfortable giving them my main bank account info.

Do you not see the contradiction here? In one sentence he is saying that they take the money out of the sale. Then in the next sentence, he is asking you for banking information and money. If what he says is true, then the buyer would pay the closing company and the closing company would give this middle-man his 8% commission and you the remaining 92%. You should not have to pay a dime.

By the way, most legitimate brokers take a minimum 15% commission or $1000, whichever is greater.