Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Be careful about taking advice from the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) (by Susan B.):

@davids: What is it that you think I was advertising?

Of course TUG has the right to enforce it's rules. I am not saying otherwise.

I am merely trying to warn people that TUG is not what it claims to be. A site that claims to be about consumer protection does not ignore the fact that consumers have legal recourse and it does not censor discussions about that recourse. In fact, any consumer advocate generally BEGINS by telling the victims about their legal remedies and tries to help them find professional help.

In contrast, TUG advises people to suck it up and live with the fact that they have been conned or to voluntarily walk away from tens of thousands of dollars. It's funny because that is exactly the kind of help I would expect a developer to offer. Either of those options, are a total win for the developer and a total loss for the consumer. TUGS introduction should be amended to reflect that it really has no interest in helping consumers.