Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Limitations on Resale Purchase of Anantara Vacation Club (AVC) Points? (by Joel L.):

Hi all,

Does any one have experience in buying resale Anantara Vacation Club (AVC) points?

I am a new Ruby member (9,000 points) and has been happy with my purchase so far. During an Owner's Preview Session, I attended a sales presentation inviting us to upgrade our membership to the next level (Diamond - minimum of 16,000 points). Diamond members can book 'higher tier' resorts, i.e. maldives, queenstown, etc. on an annual basis, compared to Ruby members who can only book these 'higher tier' resorts on an every other year basis.

I have only recently about the secondary market for timeshares such as this group. As such, I asked the salesperson if I can buy 9,000 resale points from a fellow Ruby member and combine it with my own points to have 18,000 points in total, and qualify as a Diamond member. I was informed by the salesperson that purchase of resale points will not be counted to upgrade my status. In other words, even if I have 18,000 points, I will still be a Ruby member.

I am hoping that someone in the forum has experience on this. Thanks in advance!