Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Has anyone ever sold their timeshare to Despegar.com travel agency? (by Bob S.):

I doubt it. Do not deal with these people. Scam personified. These folks are very slick and professional, but PURE EVIL!!! Our story: Despedar offered to purchase our 4 weeks @ Montecristo estates in Cabo, paying for everything. I sent an email to PROFECO (LATE FEB 2017) the Mexican Consumer Fraud agency, which I just rec'd today MAR 13. I had previously been in touch with Cesar Mia Rodriguez who said he worked for PROFECO, and praised despedar, and would facilitate the transaction btwn despedar and Montecristo. I even received paperwork with PROFECO letterhead from him. He said he had our paperwork on file!!

In the email from PROFECO, they said the name above (Cesar) is not an employee of PROFECO, and they do not have our names in their files. SO THIS IS A MAJOR SCAM, AND ANY MONEY YOU SEND THEM WILL BE SERIOUSLY GONE. Luckily we did not send any money If you have any questions about the consumer fraud agency go to http://www.gob.mx/PROFECO and there email is extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx