Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

It does sound like someone charged you something they should not have. (by Jodie L.):

It sounds like you had the same deal as we did except we paid less than $30 at the Comfort Inn. We were told that it would be at a resort also then found out after we booked that it would be at the Comfort Inn. I would also like to say, even though we were disappointed that we would have to pay to upgrade to the actual resort, everyone at Comfort Inn was very nice. We paid the $199 at the first encounter plus $30 at hotel. We received in return, two $75 gift cards and one $25 gift card. So for the weekend, we paid less than $55. Three nights. The cruise was explained beforehand as far as the port fees and taxes. We knew that this would be approximately $400 for two of us. We also knew that it was a category 1A cabin and that we would have the option of upgrading. Our biggest disappointment was when trying to book the cruise, I was told that they didn't honor the free 1A out of Tampa, even though we were told several times that we could sail out of any port. Even the folder that they put the certificate in, shows Tampa as a port. However, they did accept the certificate for a discount and it was less than $200 to upgrade. Total was a little over $600 for a five day cruise. I did a mock booking on Carnival for the exact same cabin and it would cost over $900. So we are actually paying a little over $200 for the cabin. The rest we would have to pay anyway and we do cruise a lot so for us, it is a discount. I'm still trying to figure out the amount they charged you at Comfort Inn. We were there this last week of June, this year, 2018. Unless it was a Comfort Inn that was a luxury resort, the "require resort fees/taxes" should never add up to that amount.

tresas9 wrote:
NO!! It is a scam, when you are told you will be staying at nice resort. We made our reservations, they called to confirm our stay at a Comfort Inn miles down the road from the resort. The only amenities the Comfort Inn had to offer was a parking lot view, and a broke down swing set plus we would have to pay the taxes of $176.00 for the 3 nights. The regular Comfort Inn price was only $76.00 a night and my husband is ex military so we could get a discount off of that price making the total cost with tax $186.57. Now they already received $200.00 from us, what is the benefit to do this if we do not get to stay there. OH Wait! Then we were offered to stay at the resort for another $290.00 plus taxes. Seriously! I am expected to travel 9 hours to check out a your resort but stay in a parking lot hotel!! I am sure hundreds of people do not use their $200.00 package after finding out all the charges, so they are making a killing off people for nothing, a TOTAL SCAM. By the way this just happened today July 18, 2018 not a three year old post. Believe me I will be sharing this information with everyone and every time I see them at any mall/store. If they do not get their money from people they are ripping off in the malls then they will have to get it from their time share holders, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!!