Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

American Consumer Credit is just another worthless "upfront fee" operation. (by KC):

donnad571 wrote:
I have used them. But throughout the year or so I've tried to call me to check on the account....and got the run around. I was getting any phone calls from timeshares either tho'. However while trying to contact ACC, the voice msg says the box is full and to call again later. Not sure what that means. My have to contact better business Bureau!

More correctly stated, you have paid them, not "used" them. In fact, it's exactly the opposite situation --- they have used you.

You are certainly free to contact whomever you choose, but make no mistake about it --- your money is GONE and it's not coming back.

Also, Better Business Bureau is a completely powerless organization (it's really nothing more than just a "club" with paid membership). BBB has absolutely no legal authority of any kind. How or why some people believe otherwise is a complete mystery to me, as BBB has never had any governmental affiliation or any legal authority. Maybe it's the word "Bureau" in their name that somehow misleads people, I don't know. You may feel better after venting to the BBB, but there would otherwise be no point or any actual results from your doing so.

Plainly stated, the are no magic acts or secret processes to "get out" of a legally binding contractual obligation into which someone has voluntarily entered of their own free will and choice. To believe otherwise is simply incorrect. You might want to believe that writing a check or providing a credit card payment to some obscure "upfront fee" operation will somehow magically achieve an easy "exit", but you would be entirely mistaken in that belief. Paying any upfront fee parasite operation will result in a reduction of your bank account balance and an increase in their bank account. Nothing more.

"A fool and his money are soon parted", as the old saying goes.