Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone used HELP4TSO (by Roger F.):

Thank you for acknowledging that Help4tso were successful in disposing of the timeshares.

Your advice on TUG and Redweek is good and definitely the way to start if the resorts will not consider deed-backs.

In my case I tried for 6 months on various sites to sell for $1 - Not a bite. Even Marriott, who said they would credit any timeshare owner with points in exchange for enrolling in their Destinations program, refused when I tried to enroll. They said the transfer offer specifically did not apply to the Bronze weeks that were sold at Summit Watch.

So for less than the $1550 annual fee, Help4tso got the timeshares off my hands in 8 months.

By the way, 2 bronze Summit Watch timeshares have been on TUG for 2 months for $1. Obviously not snapped up within a day.

As to my 2 remaining unsold Scottsdale Camelback units, I listed them for a year on TUG at $0.99 and did not get a nibble. Fortunately the monies that H4tso refunded allow me to take my time and try again to again sell by myself.

As a side note, in the early 90's I occasionally bought and sold timeshare weeks and timeshares when there was a thriving market on e-bay. I had great vacations. Now the way to go is rentals on Airbnb, Redweek, TUG, or e-bay. No long term commitment, no unavailable exchanges, and infinite selection.