Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

hi charles,

am doing well, and you?

you're right about the catharsis issue: it probably helped us to avoid developing mental illness, but not much else as you note. however, "..... Eichner getting away with consumer fraud......" is primarily due to the ineptness of the former NYSAG, schneiderman and what he nonsensically considered a fair "settlement." from my perspective and personality, i don't like being the victim of anything, including BIG TIME consumer fraud as provided by TMC/eichner. i assume that's true of most TMC owners. i will continue to be proactive in my quest to push for legal equity and retribution from TMC/eichner, especially in the form of reverting to reasonable maintenance fees the establishment of a workable reservation system, especially not allowing TMC management to rent our shares, depriving us of our accommodations. other owners might want to add to these deplorable and continuously fraudulent conditions.

look back a page or two (or perhaps on THIS page): i have outlined four avenues we currently have available to stop TMC/eichner from gloating in the victory given to him by schneiderman's settlement.

briefly:

1...join zimmerman's possible lawsuit (s),

2...join THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS

3...do both: 1 & 2

4...start a new suit with the new NYSAG, the honorable ms letitia james, by sending our individual complaints via the official form on her website.

obviously, i can't offer any guarantees of any legal relief from any of the above alternatives, but i can't be found "guilty" of not trying to derive our just due to get TMC/eichner to do the right thing.

keep in touch, charles

chris

charlesm548 wrote:
Hey Chris how are you buddy? Just how long has it been that we have been writing and reading this forum?! Not sure the catharsis has helped our mental health any and nothing has changed in all this time other than Eichner getting away with consumer fraud. New people join this group over the years and optimistically state their agreement with all of us and then request to join the class action lawsuit. We then fill them in. But there is so much detail in the history that the only way anyone can really catch up is by reading this forum from the beginning. The simple math on Eichner's fine, if its entirety was allocated to timeshare owners, would amount to $380. each. The NY Attorney General Schneiderman had the chance to make this right and he didn't. He had other, personal, priorities.