Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Michael B.):

You use the points system very well. Being retired I don't like the idea of planning 10 months ahead and hope to find the villa available. The only real value to my ownership was to go to Marco Island. Now I own a condo there so that's out. The other location that I go to is Aruba Ocean Club. Aruba already is not available anymore until June 2020. I'm sure soon all the vacation weeks like Labor Day, Thanksgiving will be unavailable the minute I have the opportunity to book within the ten month wait window. If Marriott was fair to the Club owners they would not also rent the villas to anybody. They do this in so many cases under the $1,500. plus $220. owners are paying per year. For example for 7 nights in September in Beach Race Towers, Fort Lauderdale, FL 1,276., September in Mountainside Breckenridge, $1,082., Grand Chateau, Las Vegas, $1,046., Manor Club , Williamsburg, VA, $769. Marriott should give villa owners an equal value to trade Vacation Club points to hotel stay points whereby if staying in Aruba villa per Mariott's sales people estimation is $500. per day. We should receive double the amount of stay time in virtually any other US location. We once stayed in the Marriott Mountain Valley Lodge Breckenridge, CO Memorial Day Weekend at $103.00 per day. Also almost any location in the US can be rented via Redweek listings for under the maintenance fees and never any assessments to worry about.