Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: shearton vistana villages exchange power (by Mike N.):

jayjay wrote:
We owned an October one bedroom timeshare at a gold crown resort in Kissimmee and we never had any problems getting any exchanges we wanted (into two bedroom units at that).

It's true that some Orlando resorts have greater trading power than others. I think it depends on the resort that you own in the Orlando area.

---------- If owners are looking to trade to top resorts, they may be disappointed. As for saturation in Orlando. I NEVER had a problem trading for Orlando. I never got into a Disney resort, but then again I was never picky. A two-bedroom for a few hundred bucks a week...always a good deal. With an RCI points resort, you know exactly where you stand on the pecking order. If your 2 BR unit is worth 50,000 points and you want to exchange to go to Hawaii, a 2 BR may be 80,000 pts and you can't exchange. The good news with the points there are ways to obtain the extra 30,000 so you can get the 2 br in Hawaii.