Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Buying a timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway (by Phil L.):

janellen4 wrote:
Hi,

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Orlando where we stayed at Vacation Village at Parkway for 1 week at a reduced price in which we did the timeshare tour.

The thing is, we are very interested but from all our reading here and elsewhere are extremely confused. We did manage enough courage to say no thanks to the salesman and their tactics, but we did actually fall in love with the location and amenities.

So we are interested in finding a resale, and am looking for info about "floating" weeks etc. The salesman offered us a 2 bed lookout and went on about RCI will treat this as 2 weeks...If the guy had been nicer he probably would have got a sale from us, he lost us solely on his rudeness and the fact that I knew it would be better for us to buy a resale...we were using this trip to see if we like Orlando and the venue - all of which we do.

So any words of wisdom or should we run for the hills?

Concrats on being smart and saying NO!

Now you know you love the resort you can take your time and watch for resales on these forums.

It is nice to hear from the families that come on these forums to learn and follow through as you did.

You saved a lots of money and ticked off a salesman at same time, good job!

We won't be hearing you back here complaining about being scam.

Love these kind of post!

PHILL12