Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying a timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway (by Claudiu C.):

Hi,

I bought a timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway from one of the sales presentations. At the time, I thought I was getting a good deal since the sales person told me that I was getting a deed that is worth ~$23k for only $18k and change. After doing a bit of research once I returned from my trip, I realized that I may not have gotten such a deal since I don't have a floating week that I can choose every year. I have the same week every year, though I can change it through the internal exchange program for any other week. Also, this is a weeks system and not points system. I assume that I can't choose to have stays shorter than 7 days, like I would be able with a points system.

Lastly, the other reason I thought I did the right thing by buying from the developer is because I was offered an Extra Vacations program, whereby I get an extra 2 weeks to use in the RCI system. The only catch I believe is that these 2 weeks, unlike the ones bought through the developer are subject to various limitation on season and units to use.

I have a few days left in which I can cancel my contract and I would like to gather enough facts to help me decide whether getting out of the contract is a good idea.

Thanks, Confused Buyer