points for airfare

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

points for airfare (by Amanda A.):

mike1536 wrote:
amandaa39 wrote:
The example they give in the book is kind of misleading too..."You can choose to exchange 12,500 points for $100 discount off the ticket price, 70,000 points for a $600 discount off the ticket price, or any value in-between. How you exchange your points and what you do with them is up to you!" I guess it's not really, huh?
============== That flexibility existed in the OLD RCI system where you exchanged points for a dollar amount to be applied to a purchase. When RCI went to their "New and Improved (?)" system, they eliminated the 12,500 level and institued the "closest tier" policy.

You can access the new Points Partners guide with the new tier levels on the RCI website.

I just called and booked our flight. This person was much more helpful in explaining things than the person I talked to yesterday. I kept thinking about the transaction as the 2 tickets combined instead of treating each one separate. All he did was open up our points for next year and we used 18,000 of those toward the 2nd ticket (we had needed 140.000 total for the tickets) and paid the difference. Between the difference of the tickets and the transaction fee we only ended up paying $314. Not bad for a flight to Mexico! :)