Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Timeshare contracts in Mexico (by KC):

pamc318 wrote:
Can you tell me the names of some of the timeshare companies in mexico? Is trendwest one of them? I have tried to look online and all I see is companies that sell used memberships. I don't want to fall victim to some of the "you won a free trip" marketing scams. So I'm trying to find out what companies do sell new memberships in mexico.

If by "new membership" you actually mean pursuing a developer-direct purchase, that would be a supremely terrible financial mistake, so the names of the individual thieving parasite companies are irrelevant. You would pay much more to a developer than you would pay in any "resale" purchase from a current contract holder. "Used" means absolutely nothing when it comes to timeshares --- ALL are "used" when it comes right down to it. .

More important however, why on earth would you want to pay for ANY Mexican RTU (right to use) long term contract anyhow, whether it's from someone else looking to bail out, or directly from a thieving developer? You can always rent in Mexico relatively easily, without the long term financial burden and long term legal obligation of being tied to a RTU contract. Save your money. If you pursue a RTU contract, you will surely regret it later (and probably won't even be able to get rid of it later either). Do yourself a huge favor --- just rent instead if / when you want to go to Mexico.