Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Michael D.):

charless345 wrote:
dianas232 wrote:
My friend and I converted to points in Nov. Between us we have banked 48000 points for 2013.We can't reserve a place in South Carolina in Aug.,Sept.,or Oct.2012.We can't get into Hawaii anywhere-between Jan1 and Apr.20, 2013. What good are the expensive Diamond points if you can't use them when you wish?? We used to be able to go directly to II,but now we are stopped at Diamond.Very frustrating.Siver status isn't helpful either. dianas232

I am not sure when you tried to make your reservations. The times you have listed are prime time for those areas. I just looked just now and saw availability for January, February and March at two Kauai resorts, The Point at Poipu and the Grand Pacific Alii Kai Resort.

You must make your reservations early for the early months in Hawaii because it's whale watching season and those who live in cold areas go to Hawaii.

It is not as simple as that, they have an allocations system between "deeded Owners' and "Points Members", then the undisclosed group they hold for those they are trying to sell points to, who are not members at all, and for a very cheap price of less than half of what our annual daily costs,... I have even seen units for rent by DRI "14 days oceanfront $9,450" while they told me there was nothing available...

Yes, for those who have the time to spend learning the system, and can book 13 monthsfor 'Points' & 12 for 'Deeded', in advance the system works for them... But the annual fee's are still over 300$ a day and now with the assessment for water damage over $ 600 a day, and I bet that will be the fee permanently... With the unlimited selling of 'Points' the pressure will only grow, availability will be difficult and more people will feel ripped off..