Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

g333s--

My husband and I own 2 weeks in Breckenridge (platinum season) and 1 week in Canyon Villas (platinun season). We recently bought into the Destinations program for $1995 as one week was given us by a family member, and since there was no sale of the property, Marriott let us keep the option to trade for Reward points every other year, but we bdid have to pay the higher entry into the Destinations program since it was technically an "external sale". So if I understand you correctly, we are Legacy owners but not Trust owners--correct? I know Marriott is building properties that will not be part of II and will only be available to Marriott owners who have opted into the Destinations program. I'm assuming that "Trust Owners" are those who will be buying these new properties? We were told that being part of the Destinations Properties gave us the ability to be able to access all Marriott Properties--no? When you talk about Legacy owner points, are you talking about Marriott Reward points? I'm still a little confused about the discussion of Legacy Points. I swear you know more about this program than the Marriott Reps do! Thanks for any clarity you can provide me.