Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

Wow! Thanks so much for the information which was very clear and extremely helpful. To be honest--like you--my husband and I have been extremely happy with Marriott--since we have been with them since 1992. We have been very lucky with our requests for Marriott properties through II. We were only unsuccessful with one request through II--a non-Marriott property in Venice. So, we just elected to use some of our Marriott Reward Points and stayed at the Courtyard in Venice (a simple 20 minute bus trip in to the city). Now that we are retired we have even more flexibility. We travel when openings are available. We really opted in to the Destinations Program for the added flexibility and to insure that this flexibility is passed on to our children when they inherit our properties. We don't even bother with outside properties in II. With a Marriott you always know what you will get. Never a nasty surprise! I'm not sure the Trust ownership it worth it for us since were are retired and have the built-in flexibility. If I have other questions, I hope you will keep responding to them as you are really on top of all of this! Thanks again for your help!