Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

Well, I did hear back from my Rep and she did reinforce that there could be Trust inventory and no Exchange inventory. She did also send me the point book in a PDF file--and I'm assuming it the same one you have.

She did say that you could combine a week's stay using both Exchange Points and Trust Points (say 3 day using trust points and 4 days using Exchange points). If you have both, your Rep can do all the planning for you so you don't have that to worry about! It is very clear that Marriott wants to eventually control of the inventory for their resorts and take it away fro II. Their hope is that everyone will be in the Destination program so you would deposit with them (changing for Exchange Points) and NOT deposit your weeks with II. As the Points Adviser, she passed me on to said, "Depositing your weeks with II would be you last option if you want to exchange into another Marriott property."