Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by G333 S.):

Phillid.

You are right that newer resorts have more inventory in the Trust than older resorts.

However the flexibility is real and in the case of newer properties that found the majority of their resort put in the trust, getting a reservation does not have to be planned very far out at all. I've been able to use my points to do a two nights at Marco Island's Crystal Shores for checking in the next week.

I am a procrastinator and therefore rarely like to plan far in advance. I never liked having to do the 12 month thing, but in some cases it was needed. I have not found that to be the case with the Trust points. Since the Trust is a reservation system like a hotel, then use the same common sense when booking....major holidays do not wait till last minute as well as high desired locations. Most of those trips won't be a spur of the moment thing anyway, but the more time you give the better.

As for me....I do mine usually within 3 months. But don't go by me....remember I am really flexible and not really picky.