Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Frank D.):

@charles345, Everything you state is unassailable: a contract is a contract is a contract. I'm trying to work through my particular problem and chain of events with someone in MVC corporpate who knows her stuff. But I must say I feel betrayed by Marriott

For me, your response still raises the one key question that needs answering and makes a difference in my argument: Is the ease and chances to make resonable exchanges requestes easier now with Marriott and/or II or is it more difficult since the time I purchased my week with Marriott 2008? That is the answer I'm searching for. As I stated before, the exchange component of the product offering was very important to me and at the time of sale I was assurred this would not be an issue if I followed certain guidelines for requesting an exchange; which I did in the past with wonderful results. The exchanges even included holiday weeks at Marriott resorts south of the mason dixon line...

But based on my reading here and of various financial and industry trades plus comments other Marriott owners who feel as I do, the days of exchanging flexibility with II especially are gone. And this, I maintain, constitutes a" signficant retroactive change" made my MVCI.

I am totally aware there are segments of happy MVC owners out there who satisfied. Perhaps they are owners who always stay with their host property or own at the most attractive properties so the DP program does give them the flexibility touted by Marriott. But I venture to say the majority of us other owners feel otherwise. But no one will know if the other is right unless it is revealed if the exchange dynamics have been significantly changed/hindered.

Yes, I know I paid for my week and nothing changed as outlined in the contract. But like dealing with a used car dealer, my MVCI rep sold me on the "world is at your finger tips" with my ability to implement exchanges as a common occurrance. This is my point which you, and the other "you get what you pay for" group seem to disregard.

BTW I"m very happy you are satisfied owner. Mazel Tov. But right now I'm not and I believe the changes that have occurred to the exchange program allow me to question what is kosher as they say in Italy :)