Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by J E.):

Good grief. I wrote: that if was not appropriate for Marriott to: (a) charge owners an unreasnable fee for selling their points and (b) not allow deeded owners, who bought into the point system, to include that feature when they sell their units. I pointed out that when you purchase something you should be able to sell what you purchased. I asked if any attornies had any comments on the likely success of a class action lawsuit.

The comments that some have supplied have not been helpful. Ok to call me stupid if this is what turns you on. But the question was intended for those who actually have something worthwhile to say. When the program first came out some of you will recall that Marriott was not answering questions accurately or completely.

I agree that Marrott can set the rules on what they sell. But we do have laws that allow buyers to have recourse when what is being sold is misrepresented or misleading. Example: Look at the rules banks now have to follow since some mislead customers.

My bottom line point is really simple. Customers should have the right to sell the program they purchased. Currently we can't -- and that is wrong.