Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Michael B.):

Glad it works for you. I own two Marriott Aruba Ocean Club weeks. I have been trying to rent one week in Marco Island and I have changed the dates once already. So for the first time I try Interval International for a cruise exchange. They offer me the Bermuda cruise I want for $2,500. plus the week exchange. If I purchased to the cruise myself incl all the "free" items the cost is $3,400.Add back the Interval International exchange fee and for a week's trade I get the pay $2,700. for a $3,400. cruise. With booking myself I'm in charge of making changes, if necessary. I again asked Marriott if they would rent for me and they said not for Aruba using points. The ownership of my Marriott two weeks at the Aruba Ocean Club no longer works for me. I can rent a condo in Marco Island for one month being the $3,205. Marriott maintenance fees I now pay. I see how easy it is for someone to rent in Marco Island or Aruba and get a great price from the hundreds of rentals available. At best in the future I may just rent the two weeks for the price of maintenance fees and any assessments that come along.