Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Marriott Destination Club Points transfer process and required fees (by Jeremy T):

There are limitations written in to the exchange procedures but we are not sure how MVCI would enforce them and one person was once told that while the restrictions were written in to the documentation, there was no way at the time for MVCI to enforce them. Perhaps they are now able to enforce?

Did you pay the $200 per BI (Beneficial Interest) initiation fee for the points you purchased? There is a minimum initiation fee of $2000. There is also a $300 owner education fee if you are not a previous Marriott DC Point owner (trust points).

Perhaps if you haven't paid the initiation fee, paying that $2000 will remove the restrictions.

david1722 wrote:
I bought dcp on the secondary market and Marriott is now telling me there is a 60 day restriction which means I can only book 60 days prior to arrival. This is nowhere is rofr, contract, deed, or anywhere. If this is true it seems as a consumer I was not protected because the seller didn't know, the title company did not know, and Marriott didn't inform anyone during the process