Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI points resorts vs weeks resorts (by R P.):

kimc569 wrote:
I am slightly confused. I have owned at Orange Lake since 1996. Recently we went back and I was told I need to purchase a conversion into points for $24,000 as I declined the less expensive conversion in 2009 of $5000, of which I didn't. I was told my week has less value without the points and weeks will eventually go away completely. How can I be forced to buy into points when i already own a week. they changed the system, why do i have to pay for it.

Ah, the outright lies timeshare salespeople will tell .... weeks will never, ever go away .... you have a deed to prove it and many more people own deeded weeks than points since points are relatively new and the value of your timeshare will not diminish.

Kudos to you for not caving in to their demands. Also, you really need to report that salesperson to higher ups at Holiday Inn Vacation Club for outright lying to you. THIS is one of the main reasons timesharing has such a bad reputation.