Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Can't make payment on my timeshare. What are the consequences? Please need some help. (by Jeanne M.):

It is a common tactic in this country for unscrupulous sellers to convince those with limited English skills to sign contracts written in English. These people prey not only on those with limited English, but those with limited education or life experience. They also take advantage of the elderly. I do not think that most of those who speak English read the time share contracts they signed, or probably most other contracts they sign for that that matter. That has just not been my experience as an attorney. Most people skim the contracts, at best. The fact is that time shares are just not a very good deal; spending $15,000 to $30,000 more or less, which I unfortunately did, and then paying yearly fees on top of it, would have bought me a lot of nice condo vacations over the years given the discounts you find online. And I was a consumer attorney who fell for the pitch years ago. Stupid me!!! So, apparently, ANYONE can succumb to the allure, and as we are all on this site, most of us did. Go for it, Carlos. Write the letter. Send it certified mail. Send an email. Send a copy of everything you send to the seller to the finance company. Contact the Florida Attorney General. Let the seller know you mean business and don't give up. Wear them down, that is always a good strategy in any legal matter. KEEP COPIES!!!! Of course, if you can find a lawyer to help you, get one because then they will be that mush more concerned about you. Buena suerte.

jayjay wrote:
Also, be very aware of any entity saying they can get you our from under a developer bought contract .... all they want is your large upfront fee then you're history to them ..... there are many scams out there like this.