Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Stay PC Rentals question (by Gary M.):

I am a Marriott owner and listed my week on Redweek. I had traded for Newport Villas, but 6 weeks out determined could not make the vacation so I posted at the lowest price for the same week in that resort. Someone posted over me for $50 less, so I droped my price $150. The next day I was contacted by StayPC with a buyer for my week. They provided a simple 3 page contract and handled all of the financing. The buyer paid using an ACH / bank direct deposit. Of note, a line in their contract reads: "StayPC also agrees to be responsible for any incidentals and/or damages for which the resort is unable to collect from the guest’s authorized credit card." Also, there is a spot stating that if one uses PayPal for the transaction, a 1099 will be issued to the seller from StayPC. However in speaking with them, a 1099 is issued only if someone does $20,000 in business with them in a year.

Overall I am very happy with their service. if I ever list a week again on Redweek, I think I will also call them and sell to the "highest bidder". In my opinion, they fill a unique niche... they serve non-tech people that want human interaction to rent timeshare weeks. So for them it is easy to surf Redweek or other sites to find deals and be the middleman, while providing a secure contract / payment source for the transaction. I found the folks at StayPC to be extremely friendly, knowledgable, and easy to deal with—a great experience!