Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Vacation Village in Berkshires Hancock Massachusetts (by KC):

ellenk162 wrote:
I got the name of an attorney for closing from the resort. I can not find her name and information right now but she was reasonable in price and if I was able to sell it I would use her. I will keep looking through my papers. Ellen

You don’t actually need an attorney to handle a simple timeshare sale and transfer, except perhaps in the state of South Carolina. Fwiw, there is an outfit in Georgia called LT Transfers that would handle it all for about $300 (slightly more if escrow of funds would also be required). Timeshare closings is all they do. You still have to find your own new "grantee", of course; LT Transfers only handles a transaction's deed preparation and recording. I’ve used them numerous times over the years — as both a buyer and as a seller in multiple timeshare transactions.

No attorney would handle the deed work involved in a timeshare transactin for less money. I am not advertising for LT Transfers (and I am not providing any contact information here). I am merely pointing out their existence and mentioning my own personal experience with their competency and reliability as an alternative to the (unnecessary and expensive) use of an attorney.