Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Wyndham Is breaking my financial back` (by Don P.):

I have been telling everyone about deed backs for years now. I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way. There are a few points first. You need to contact your home resort and talk to the person who handles those transactions. It may take a few calls to locate the right person. You may need to explain that you are going to get the timeshare out of your name with or without their assistance and that it is in their best interest to take it back.

Second you need to be current in all maintenance fees and assessments. They may also require you to pay the next years fees but that is a small price to pay to rid yourself of the ever increasing maintenance fees and assessments. Follow the instructions and complete all paperwork and return it to the resort. You should also ask for a copy of the quit claim deed that is filed with the county clerks office. You can also obtain a copy from the clerks office yourself.

The entire process is quick and efficient if everyone does their part. It's amazing that people will spend hours a day on facebook and texting to kill time but not put in the effort to rid themselves of an unwanted timeshare. That's what keeps the scammers in business. It may not work for every resort but it's definitely worth pursuing as a first option.

Like Carenr11 stated.... NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get rid of your timeshare.