Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What is the industry doing about the secondary timeshare market? (by Jeffrey W.):

Thanks for your question. The answer varies upon the developer. I am a Marriott owner so have direct experience with its program. If you buy a resale from Marriott, and agree to buy a minimum amount of Destination Club points (they call this a bundled resale), the resale will be entitled to full privileges in Marriott's internal reservation and exchange program. If you buy a Marriott interval on the resale market, such as through Redweek.com, Marriott will restrict your usage to the following: you can use the interval every year, or you can deposit it with Interval for an exchange. Marriott will not let you convert the newly bought unit into Destination Club points or Marriott Rewards. Those are the only restrictions I'm aware of. The key with all timeshare resales is, only buy a unit you are willing and interested in using. All developers, to my knowledge, will otherwise place restrictions on usage if you buy from anyone but them.