Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

BlueGreen Vacations Timeshare Scam Warning!!! (by Rodney W.):

Disclosure: Results my vary, as this is my personal experience only.

My video review on the BlueGreen Vacation Timeshare Scam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVc7ImQNeS4

I paid $150.00 to Bluegreen Vacations at the mall last year. I was told I would receive a 3 night stay at a nice resort, and a 4 night cruise with Carnival (Sound Familiar)? My job was to complete a 2 hour timeshare tour on the second day of my resort stay, and after completing, I would receive a 4 night cruise voucher. We drove 2 hours from Orlando, FL to St. Petersburg, FL to stay at the Bilmar Beach Resort.

We were suppose to stay from Sunday to Wednesday, but ended up coming in a day early on Saturday (4 nights). We were told on the phone it would be an upgrade of half off for that night (about $75) but when we got their, the hotel staff made us call Bluegreen to confirm this in writing and fax over the paperwork. Bluegreen contacted them, and sent them a conformation number. We were given the hotel key for our 4 night stay.

BlueGreen then calls my phone telling me to authorize the room for $159 (more than the cost of the room), then after arguing dropped it to $143 (the same cost of the room) with a $25 Visa gift card coming in the mail to me (I already got that when I signed up). What happened to half off? By the way, we also had to pay $107 in resort taxes and fees for the 4 nights.

I decided to call BlueGreen and discuss the true cost of the 4 night cruise before attending the Timeshare tour. She told me it would be a total of $373.00 which included taxes and port fees, plus $96 in tips ($12 per day, per guest, per night). Thats a total of $469.00!!! We left the resort, drove back to Orlando, and just enjoyed the rest of our day.

COST TO GET INVOLVED: $150.00

COST FOR THE RESORT STAY: $250.00 ($178.50)

COST FOR THE CRUISE: $469.00

TOTAL COST: $869.00

Glad we did not fall for this all the way and pay for the cruise! Get this. I called Carnival directly, and she said for the exact same thing, I would pay $517.00 directly through them, and the taxes, port fees, and tips would only be $292.00, yet with BlueGreen, they are making me pay $469.00 for the exact same thing.

I rest my case.