Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

BlueGreen Vacations Timeshare Scam Warning!!! (by Denise S.):

Hello, I am just adding my experience. I was in Bass Pro with my husband and was approached regarding a vacation. I thought, this is just a scam, but I did want to listen. This is what we were offered and told. A 3 night stay in a Choice Hotel in New Orleans, $75 (total, $50 now & $25 later) & a cruise certificate for a 3-5 night cruise. This is what we got, this far, a 3 night stay in a Choice Hotel in New Orleans, $75 (total, $50 now & $25 later) & a cruise certificate for a 3-5 night cruise. Additional comments, we were told, up front, we would have to go thru a sales presentation in order to get this discount, and that we were responsible for tax and parking (if applicable and if you know downtown New Orleans, parking is always applicable). Furthermore, we were told that we needed to pay for the taxes with a major credit card & when we called to confirm the hotel stay, we were told exactly how much the taxes were. There was nothing, in anyway, that was misleading or misconstrued about what we were being offered. Regarding the sales pitch, I'll be honest here, it is a bit expensive... but that's not what got me to walk away. What didn't like abput this whole experience#: I would say that I see the value of it, but there's no way we're going to put (at minimum) $13K on the table (financed or not) without thinking about it. We turned them down and stated it would be a year before we would be able to commit to something like this. They offered us a sample package. Less than $900....with some workable, but substantial, limits. Now, we agreed to this...I was told this package was not based on credit, I was very clear about this because I know my husband has much better credit than myself and, if it was, it would be much better to keep me off this whole thing and I'll be his guest, but they ran an inquiry anyway... and next thing you know, that $900 entry level program is not available to us... they wanted us to get this package with a few more points, and, as far as I can tell, the same restrictions, but for $3500. We said that if we can't get the $900 deal, we would walk. They said they could do that and we walked away...with our $25 gift certificate and cruise certificate. I have to wait 90 days to book the cruise, so we'll see how that goes! Oh, they originally, didn't have any available rooms (based on the website), so I called them back to rebook the vacation. They originally gave me a location across the river, but I called them back and they rebooked me at a very nice hotel. I did run the numbers, this same weekend would have cost me $500 just for the hotel, plus parking... so I'm pleased with that...