Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Beware - Another Scam? (by Don P.):

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to sell your timeshare. Contact a licensed realtor that handles timeshares. I posted a hypothetical way to get rid of a timeshare that is extreme but legal. You just need to find someone with " nothing to lose " and transfer it to him or her through a quit claim deed. That person may be terminal and have a last wish to travel to your timeshare for a week. To sweeten the pot pay the next years maintenance fee for them and maybe a few dollars for expenses. Charity is a wonderful thing.

I know it's and extreme measure but the developers that flaunt their riches in front of you on television and other media have no conscience so it's up to the individual. You could also walk away from it if you're not worried about your credit rating taking a hit.

The timeshare industry spends millions of dollars pushing their products on unsuspecting individuals who are on a vacation and in a euphoric state to get you to sign on the dotted line. They know that by the time you return home from vacation the rescission period is usually expired. They spend even more money lobbying for laws that favor them and screw the owners. I have no love for the industry right now. They need to clean up their act and work on an exit strategy. Good luck.