Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Selling Vacation Club Membership (by Lance C.):

jadei wrote:
Can anyone give me some advice how to go about selling my vacation club membership? Is this even possible?

Usually vacation club memberships are not worth the paper they're written on. I would check your contract to see what its terms are for selling, transferring, and/or terminating your membership. For such memberships, terminating sometimes can be as easy as just quitting paying maintenance or annual membership fees.

But your question is how to sell it. So I am assuming that you paid good money as a buy-in for this membership and that you are looking to get some money for something that you think has resale value.

As Phyllis suggested, you can try E-Bay or Craigslist. Just be reasonable and realistic about your membership's resale value. As well, be wary of the many scams out there that target timeshare and vacation club owners. They say that they can sell your membership or timeshare for thousands of dollars if you send them an upfront fee. That's always a scam.