Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

We are thinking about a Timeshare Purchase, whats your honest opinion??? (by Lorraine N.):

So, I checked out the postings for Eagles Nest. Looks like a nice resort and it is affiliated with Hilton Honors, etc. I see that on Redweek someone is selling for $3,000. in the high season, but someone else is selling for $23,000. That made me wonder WHY??? Also, maintenance fees over $1,000 are pretty steep, but I do see that the rentals are pretty high. If this would be your only timeshare purchase and you really like going there, I guess I would say investigate a little more, but go for it. It appears you could rent it for a pretty good price if can't use it or exchange it for Hilton Honors or other Hilton points and you could join RCI or II and exchange it. Remember though that is another cost to join the companies and then pay an exchange fee. Not a lot of money, but at least a few hundred all together. One last thing, I didn't see any closing costs mentioned from the owner that was selling the $3,000 one. Make sure you ask about that. I said one last thing, but then I though of this...maybe rent for 1 year and see what it is like to stay there. Only problem, you might not get that $3,000 offer again, although I do find it too good to be true and you know what that means!!!!