Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Better Business Lodging (by Don P.):

My timeshares were both paid so I had no trouble giving them back. I walked away with no money from the deal but I am now free of future maintenance fees and assessments. That was my goal and I still have one timeshare that I will never part with because I love the location and I use it without having to exchange. It is well managed and the maintenance fees have been kept low because it was never taken over by a large corporation and it never will.

I'm not against timeshare ownership. I'm against the corporate greed that has taken over many of the popular properties to be used a cash cow for the one percent . If the timeshare industry had stayed to the original concept of deeded weeks and open exchanges I would probably have kept the two I got rid of in 2011.

Points are the worst thing that happened in the industry. I challenge anyone to show me the benefits for the owners. It's all in favor of developer. They decide if you can book a stay at their discretion . If you read through the threads in the forums you will see over and over again people being denied reservation for any reason the developer decides to use. The game is rigged.

Good luck with whatever decision you make. I just hope you devote enough time and effort to reach your goal without being scammed.

Remember: Never pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare.