Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Orange Lake Holiday Inn Resort... Good deal? (by Lance C.):

jerrya136 wrote:
What is a good deal?

Maybe that is a better a question. We want a timeshare and we want points to be able to go anywhere, anytime and for a very low cost if it's in addition to the one week we own. We want to be able to hand this down to our kids too.... This one says its it's only good for 55 years. That standard for timeshares? Best company to own a timeshare with is and why?

First of all, I would be cautious about handing something down to your kids. Your kids might not even want it. I've seen many posts from people who have "inherited" a timeshare from their late parents and are not very happy about it. Maybe talk to your kids about it.

As for the one that is good for 55 years, I'm assuming it's a Right to Use (RTU) and not a deeded property. RTU periods can vary. Some as low as 25 years or as long as 100 years.

If you want a cheap one with points, there are many being offered on E-Bay and elsewhere on line for a song. It would be good to take time to research before buying. There are many different points systems out there with different rules and values. And again, maybe look into renting from current owners as many owners are offering places for rent for less than the maintenance fees.