RTU and DEED

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

What is the concern with Mexican RTU properties? (by KC):

debbief189 wrote:
I have seen posts where someone said they wouldn't consider a Mexican RTU property. Why is that?

I could list a half-dozen good reasons, but perhaps the best and biggest one is that there is little or no chance of ever being able to sell and / or transfer most Mexican RTU contracts later if you want "out". Grossly overpaying for a "product" that is worthless in the resale market is also a very good reason to stay away.

Some Mexican resorts even charge a RTU contract transfer fee of several thousand dollars --- so even if you were willing to give it away for free, the parasites still want several thousand dollars just to acknowledge and process the contract transfer to someone else. Personally, I would never under any circumstances touch any Mexican RTU timeshare contract with a ten foot pole. Your mileage may vary. To each their own choices and decisions.

In my opinion, the only good thing about a Mexican RTU timeshare is the fact that the contract usually has a specific ending date built right into it. However, that date is often 20 years in the future.