renting timeshare

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: listing the "renting timeshare" in one lump sum (by KC):

I have no affiliation with RedWeek other than as a paid member for the past 12+ years and a regular forum participant. I certainly have no say regarding any RedWeek practices. That being clearly stated, I will offer you a suggestion that you can implement immediately, whether or not RedWeek ever changes its' listing practices.

If your multiple weeks are at the same resort, pick the best week of the bunch and advertise that one week by itself with the rental cost for that week. This obviously creates an "apples to apples" presentation for anyone viewing listings for a single week at that same resort. In the body of your "details" section, specifically mention and clearly identify the other weeks that you have available for rent there and clearly state whether you offer a discount for multiple week rentals to the same party (I do not offer that, since our weeks are very high demand and relatively low availability).

This is precisely what I have done in RedWeek ads since 2020 with several consecutive weeks that we own at the same resort. In every instance for the past 3 years, the advertised week (always competitively priced compared to all others listed) was successfully rented within a week or so, with numerous other "too late" inquiries coming in before I could deactivate the listing. In 2 of the 3 years, both weeks identified in my ad were rented together by the same party.

What I describe above has worked for us. It may not be a perfect solution to your concerns, but it's an approach that is available to you today, right now, regardless of any potential future RedWeek changes regarding ad listings. This is not just a hypothetical theory; it is our actual practice that has successfully worked for us for the past three years now. Then again, this practice may only be appropriate if your weeks are consecutive and / or all at the same resort. Otherwise, RedWeek might reasonably expect you to place (and pay for) separate ads.

P.S. If you want to make a suggestion or complaint to RedWeek regarding their listing practices, I would respectfully suggest contacting RedWeek staff directly (there is a "Contact Us" button on the bottom of this page). Thoughts or input offered in these discussion forums may not end up being seen by the RedWeek "powers that be". Just a thought.