Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Renting a timeshare unit without escrow services (by Bernadette M.):

Ken, thanks for the detailed feedback. I understand better the difference between escrow and Redweek verified. But I am not understanding the risk to the owner of not getting paid when using an escrow service. Isn't the escrow company holding 100% of the rental fee in advance of the rental? It may not be timely for getting maintenance fees paid in advance of the rental period, but those same maintenance fees would be due if the owner used the week for personal use.

Its good to hear that you use Redweek verified when you do rent your week but for owners that choose not to use the Redweek services and ask for 100% upfront, how is renting under those circumstance a risk with both parties. Hasn't the renter accepted 100% of the risk now that the owner has 100% of the rent upfront.

I guess few business transactions are risk free but it feels like some owners do choose transactions that have a high level of transparency while others do not. But then again, Redweek does provide guidance to safeguard transactions for both owners and renters so both parties can make decisions based on their risk tolerance.