Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Redweek Timeshare cost (by KC):

I guess we'll just have to agree to respectfully disagree, but I must note that comparing RCI and II rental pricing to private rentals is basically comparing apples to oranges. Let's face facts; Last Calls (RCI) and Getaways (II) NEVER --- and I do mean NEVER --- include any primo weeks in primo locations. Last Calls and Getaways (and also DAE / 7Across' available rentals) are essentially the unclaimed "leftovers" of the deposit for exchange process; they are weeks which no one wanted or claimed for an exchange. It's little wonder that such weeks can be rented "on the cheap" ---- no one wanted them at all when they were offered as an exchange. Sometimes, such offered weeks are unsold developer weeks. Whether it involves exchange company leftovers or unsold developer weeks, they figure (correctly) that renting these low demand weeks at a reduced price is still better than getting nothing at all for a unit / week left sitting empty.

In the final analysis, including by those "educated consumers" you cite above, supply and demand (...not individual web sites) determine appropriate and successful timeshare rental market pricing, whether that may be on RCI, II, TUG, MyResortNetwork, Craigslist, RedWeek, or anywhere else. You can usually find outlier high and / or low prices on any and all timeshare sites for "off" weeks, but prime weeks in prime locations always fetch consistently higher pricing on any site. The simple reality of "supply vs. demand" ultimately prevails over all else.