Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How do payments work with listings that are not Verified & Protected? (by KC):

patricaig wrote:
We are Aruba Surf Club owners and have always listed our units to rent on Redweek and have utilized the Verified & Protected feature, but now we want to rent a week in November at the Aruba Surf Club. Many of the listings are not Verified or Verified and Protected, how does the payment process work? How are we protected with the reservation being in our name? And when and how do we make payment. Is it after we check in? What risks are there to renting on Redweek without the Verified and Protected listing? Thanks, Patricia Guthrie

If the listing is not being handled by RedWeek, then terms of payment and / or cancellation policy are determined solely by the owner advertising the rental; those terms and conditions and policies certainly can (and do) vary from one owner to another.

For the additional $14.95 cost for an advertising owner to get "RedWeek Verified", I cannot understand why ANY owner would choose NOT to get "verified". IMO, that's just being "penny wise and pound foolish" (that's more polite than saying "cheap"), particularly for a rental that may very well involve four figures!

Not being "verified" doesn't necessarily mean that the owner and listing are not completely legit, but if they are too cheap to pay $15 to get verified by RedWeek, then make them provide documentation to YOU, proving the legitimacy and details of their ownership and a confirmed reservation (it would have been easier for them to just get their listing "RedWeek verified" in advance for a measly $14.95). I don't grasp the logic behind NOT getting "verified"; I would never consider posting a rental listing without first getting my listing "RedWeek verified". It's $14.95 well spent to avoid having to spend time "proving" my legitimacy and my ownership details to inexperienced and / or skittish inquirers --- over and over again. No thank you ; I'll pay the $14.95 --- "verify" me.