Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

vacation sales and marketing scam

Aug 20, 2009

pamelam179 wrote:
the final piece of evidence made the difference. It was a transcript of the phone (scam) call where my mother was "fed" every bit of information about herself and the property....to which she she replied "yes "(yes, she's in the beginning stages of dementia)...Only her credit card #'s were original. Fortunately, placing the credit card purchase in dispute, coupled with the "scam transcript" resulted in the return of the $1000. Whew!!! It was exhausting.....

This is how it should work .... all telephone conversations should be recorded and transcribed ... did you have to get a subpoena to get the transcript? If so, everyone should follow your example even if you have to hire an attorney to see that these scammers are put in their place .... $1000 is a lot of money ..... congratulations ..... you didn't give up.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 20, 2009 03:57 PM

Aug 28, 2009

I was called by VS&Marketing to list my timeshares. I was dubious so I have been checking on the internet to see if they were ligit. Thanks to many people placing compliants it was an easy decision to not fall for their antics. Br

Bernadine R.
Sep 02, 2009

I just got off the phone with Vacation Sales & Marketing. They sure sound good with the guaranteed $499 marketing fee refund if the time share is not "sold or rented" within 12 months. The fine print of the agreement states that a refund must be requested in writing within ten days after expiration of the account. In checking with the Better Business Bureau, I discovered that Vacation Sales & Marketing has an "F" rating due to unanswered complaints- they further report that the BBB was unable to contact the company via mail. So much for a written refund request...

Does anyone know HOW to sell a timeshare???

Aaron B.
Sep 03, 2009

aaronb73 wrote:
Does anyone know HOW to sell a timeshare???

In this economy it's very hard to sell any timeshare, but if you don't care to make a profit and just want out from under yearly maintenance fees, then you could list it on various internet timeshare listing sites such as Redweek and on Ebay for $1.00, however depending on the supply and demand of your week, you may not even be able to give it away for $1.00 as many $1.00 timeshares on Ebay get zero bids.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 03, 2009 09:16 AM

Oct 15, 2009

i unfortunately signed up with vsm - what a mistake a came across your posting about a company that does not ask for a fee - can you give me any info - and did yours sell. i have been trying to sell mine for so long.

thanks

sue32869@yahoo.com

Susan A.
Oct 16, 2009

This operation is a mailbox in a UPS store in the Walmart shopping center in St. Mary's. They have NO Business License. The calls are made from Staesboro. DON'T send money.

Michaela W.
Nov 09, 2009

I too have been trying since April 2009 to get a refund because Vacation Sales & Marketing did not refund my money and yes I did send a certified letter. At first I was told they were behind and actually got an email saying I would get my refund in Sept but its now Nov and still no refund. They do not take my calls or respond to my messages I leave. bonniem142, do you have a contact person who helped get your refund? heatherb242, I'm all for a class action suit. If you're moving forward on it, just let me know. I can be reached by email. My email address is marilyn-coleman@sbcglobal.net. Thanks to all for sharing your stories. I see I'm not the only one scammed.

Marilyn C.

Last edited by marilync112 on Nov 09, 2009 08:38 PM

Nov 09, 2009

i know the people that own the company and they have never sold even one timeshare so offering a money back guarantee knowing they will never sell your property is fraud if anyone want all the details and a way to get your money back i can help i know everything about them email me at robertfullerfl@aol.com

Robert F.
Nov 14, 2009

Someone needs to put a STOP to these cons. They are not out of Georiga,they are located in the Sunshine State and when the heat is on the change thier name. All they do is scam people out of a upfront fee. They do nothing with the timeshare! If they even have a license in Ga its because Florida doesn't allow these scams. Good luck & the only way to stop them is Attorney General

Michelle J.
Nov 15, 2009

michellej161 wrote:
Someone needs to put a STOP to these cons. They are not out of Georiga,they are located in the Sunshine State and when the heat is on the change thier name. All they do is scam people out of a upfront fee. They do nothing with the timeshare! If they even have a license in Ga its because Florida doesn't allow these scams. Good luck & the only way to stop them is Attorney General

Exactly, don't play the victim to upfront fee scammers .... be an activist and report them to the attorney general in the state the scammers are located.

R P.
Dec 15, 2009

Ok, Count me in (koko at 2123135284)

Krishan B.
Dec 16, 2009

i know the people that own the company and they have never sold even one timeshare so offering a money back guarantee knowing they will never sell your property is fraud if anyone want all the details and a way to get your money back i can help i know everything about them email me at robertfullerfl@aol.com

Robert F.
Jan 17, 2010

I too signed up with Vacation Sales and Marketing to sell my Arizona timeshare. After the requisite 6 months with no action, I sent the certified letter with a request for refund. Every time I called, the answer was that my request had been sent to their "legal department" and that my refund would be forthcoming in 6-8 weeks. I finally asked my credit card company for help, and they credited my account even though the normal 60 day limit was long since past. I sent them copies of the VSAM agreement, my certified letter receipt, etc. and they were very cooperative. That was in November, and thus far nothing from Vacation Sales. Just for grins, I called VSAM in late November after my credit had been issued and was told that my refund would go out on Dec. 4. I honestly don't know how they remain in business, assuming that they are. I see that they still have an active website.

Rieves H.
Jan 20, 2010

jayjay wrote:
heatherb242 wrote:
I contracted with Vacation Sales and Marketing in 9/08. I told them I was concerned and would need a refund if they did not sell my timeshare as I was staving off bankruptcy due to being in a full commissioned job in the auto industry in which I was ultimately laid off. I was reassured by the contract in writing that I would be refunded if they did not sell my timeshare in six months. In 3/09 after they did not sell my timeshare in six months per the contract I sent a certified mailing request for my refund. They didn't respond and stopped taking my phone calls. I had an attorney mail a demand letter and they've ignored the attorney's letter. The next step is small claims court. They are operating under illegal business practices. They will never refund your money and force you to take legal action. How many other's are experiencing the same thing with them? Class action lawsuit anyone?

You also need to report these crooks to the Attorney General in the state in which the crooks operate.

I'm surprised your attorney didn't go further in his attempt to get your money back. Looks like he just gave up like most of the people that's been taken in by these upfront fee parasites.

Please do not give up.

Leilani P.
Jan 20, 2010

Ok I will llike help. Today I did send the another letter just for the record. from Leilani Pepin P.O. Box 7633 Spreckels, Ca. 93962 call Any-time on : Sat. - Sundays is best at 831-455-6959

Leilani P.
Jan 26, 2010

I HAD A 6 MONTH AGREE. TOO.before 6 months were up i followed there instr.s to cancel to a tee'' they never called, which they are GOOD for.then iwas told they lost my contract,my salesman Tom,said its still good..but they Never return calls.

Vito S.
Jan 26, 2010

i had them for 6 months. itried to cancel,did every thing they said to cancel..i never got my refund yet.they never return calls.

Vito S.
Jan 27, 2010

vito26 wrote:
i had them for 6 months. itried to cancel,did every thing they said to cancel..i never got my refund yet.they never return calls.

That's how the scammers operate (modus operandi).

R P.
Jan 28, 2010

there are 2 web sites with full information and instruction on this scam they operate out of daytona beach florida all though they claim to be in ga make no mistake this is a fraud and should be reported all the information you need is herehttp://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/vacation-sales-and-marketing-timeshares-c233480.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/vacation-sales-and-marketing-c299194.html

do not give any money

Chris C.
Jan 28, 2010

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/vacation-sales-and-marketing-c299194.html

Chris C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.