Sapphire Residences

anyone been to this resort?

Mar 20, 2011

We just got back from Costa Rica and we bought into the package. At the time it sounded like a good investment, but once we got home we went online to investigate and read many disturbing comments. Has anyone received their rental payments? We were promised $7500 each year for the next 10 years and they bought our old time share. Any information would be helpful. Please reply!

Bonnie S.
Mar 20, 2011

Have you received any rental checks from executive properties as of yet? We just bought last week and now once we got home we went online to investigate and we are getting nervous. Any info would be helpful.

Bonnie S.
Mar 20, 2011

please note that you have 10 days to get a refund this is the law in Costa Rica, and it is the best advise I can give you. That company has no permits whatsoever to operate this kind of business, It seems the only one that received money as rentals, are not real person, because they never answer back to help others in this situation..read all forums in www.cocosunsetvacationclubcostaricaforumtripadvisor.com, and please rush back to get your investment immediately

Gauthier G.
Mar 20, 2011

Have you actually received your payment for rental from executive properties? We just the package a week ago and once home we went online to investigate and the info online was not very positive. Any information you have would be helpful.

Bonnie S.
May 08, 2011

There's been a lot of discussion concerning the legality of the dealings by Coco Sunset Vacation Club and whether Executive Properties has fulfilled their agreements. We too have possibly foolishly taken the bait. We are exploring our options and are hopefull that some one out there can provide advice and direction. Sounds like we can all benefit by sharing our game plans. josephs32, peggyh97, harryd40, roberth967, ginab131, leannp7, gauthierg, dannyo12, bonnies205 ... WHAT SUCCESS HAVE YOU HAD RECOVERING YOUR INVESTMENT FROM COCO SUNSET AND/OR EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES AND WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Mike C.
May 09, 2011

mikec650. I am going to remain positive and see if the agreement is fulfilled as promised, summer 2011. I will keep you posted. leannp7

Leann P.
May 12, 2011

Good luck with that. I've been saying the same thing for the past 2 1/2 years.

Joseph S.
May 12, 2011

To mikec650. My current game plan is simply to cut my losses. I feel it was a big mistake and an expensive lesson learned. I've contacted executive properties a number of times and their response is always the same. "Oh we expect things to get better and have your week rented by the end of the season." They have been saying that for 2 1/2 years. I'm thinking about at least writing to someone there to attempt to get back my $800 I paid them to rent my weeks since services have not been rendered. But I'm guessing they won't do that since they seem shady to begin with.

Joseph S.

Last edited by josephs302 on Sep 27, 2011 01:20 PM

Jun 23, 2011

I just found this thread and I must say we are multiple timeshare owners actually I'm downsizing right now, but we have been very happy with Coco Sunset we live more than half the year in Mexico but when I go to CR is like going back in time for me, when we bought they signed us up with Optimus Inventory Dsitribution in order to rent weeks, they did rent my first years weeks and that was taken of the price but I haven't used them again since we enjoy going there so much.

Richard V.
Jun 23, 2011

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know some people have succeeded with renting weeks out. Gives me some hope maybe...

Joseph S.
Jun 28, 2011

Hello, read your post and we are in the same boat. Just finding out, after waiting 270 days that we are probably not going to get paid for the rental of two units, plus sold our timeshare to Executive Properties, who we were reassured they would sell by August, 2011. We have over $45,000 in credit card and an upcoming loan that will be due in September (we were going to pay the loan off with the sale of the timeshare). My husband and I would like to know if anyone has heard from anybody on how to proceed with this? We would very much appreciate any feedback you can give us. thanks

Karla S.

Last edited by karlas52 on Jun 28, 2011 10:34 AM

Jun 28, 2011

Were you able to dispute this? We purchased 2-two week units for 10 years, plus they said they would sell our timeshare. We paid for the ownership up front with credit cards, and plan on paying off a loan with the sale of our timeshare. So far no money from Executive Properties. Does anyone know of anyway to dispute this? I am wondering if a class action lawsuit is possible? These people are frauds and need to be taken out of business. I would appreciate any response or advice you may have. You may email me at steilka@iowatelecom.net for a response. Thank You.

Karla S.

Last edited by karlas52 on Jun 28, 2011 10:37 AM

Jun 28, 2011

FYI, as an update, I've been on this board for a couple years since I bought my time share and paid executive properties to rent my weeks. I still have not received a dime from executive properties. I was told that the renting of my weeks was pretty much a done deal and they had people lined up for them. They said I would get paid barring a natural disaster, i.e. hurricane, etc., that would prevent them renting out my weeks. When I called to complain after the first year went by, they told me that the economic climate was poor so they were having trouble renting out my weeks. I can understand that, but when I signed up with them, they made it sound like they had these already booked and didn't mention it was such a dicey proposition. I've been thinking about writing to them requesting my $800 that I paid them for services not rendered. But I'm waiting a little bit longer to see if anything will change. Most likely not.

Joseph S.
Jun 28, 2011

My experience is almost Identical to joseph302...I was told they had people already needing the weeks for weddings etc... and would be rented with no problems. Haven't seen anything yet?

Debbie O.
Aug 09, 2011

I just came back from coco sunset vacation club. in playa del coco, costa rica. I just wanted to tell everyone that there is no worrys. It was awesome. We had a 1 bedroom that they upgraded to a 2 bedroom free. it was a very nice room. But not a five star that you may be use too. This is a third world country, If your expecting all the luxurys, Costa Rica is not for you! You will sweat, there are no elevators in the whole country ( they pride themselves in telling you this too) you will walk alot ( alot up hill or mountains or steps) There are bug some pretty big too (not in your room though), It was very much an adventure from the airport to the roads, towns, shops, & people (the best of all stress free). Everyone was very nice/helpful there, at the resort & in the towns & villages. Almost all spoke english & took American money. the room was very clean, it had air conditioning, but don't expect it anywhere else. Everything is open (no walls) the resterants, shops, stores, airport, everything. OH the address they don't have address in costa rica get the directions from Intervol International you won't have any problem fining them. Make sure you rent a 4 wheel drive auto, with GPS (a must). The beaches were Beautiful, Great diving, fishing, surfing. For diving "DEEP BLUE DIVING" WERE GREAT took care of us, Their honest, & full serivce, clean your gear, get everything set-up, all you need do is get on the boat & dive, WITH SUPER DIVE SITES. for fishing use "summer salt" there the cheapest by far & set you up with great fishing locations too. For surfing Playa Tamarindo is a very nice surfing beach. Playa Ocotal is a Beautiful beach with vocanic black sand & crystal clear water, GREAT for snorkeling or beach diving. The village of playa del coco is a very nice town, the beach is BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATE SAND, Great shopping, close to everything, you can walk to the beach or town. there are 2 Nice Resterants Papagayo (for seafood, sushi, & costa rica food) & coconut which is also the best night bar has all you can eat pizza on Wendsdays cheap. The zip line tour at Monteverde was AWESOME, the cloud forest(or jungle) was BREATH TAKING, but a ADVENTURE GETTING THERE. (NEED A 4X4 & GPS VERY ROUGH ROADS) GIVE YOURSELF 4 TO 5 HOURS, STILL WELL WORTH THE TRIP!!!! On your way the is a very kool little store (anguedas Villabobos family) The man makes the rosewood stuff &the wife runs the store. The man will love to take you to see his work shop out back & is very proud of a Flower garden Which is very BEAUTIFUL & worth checking out, We were lucky to see a Sloth up in one of his trees in the garden. very kool!!! AREANL VOLCANO WAS ANOTHER BIG ADVENTURE, with very winding road with many very small bridges & washed out roads, but most of the road is paved(need GPS though) It takes you in the hart of the jungles. the views & the lake are breath taking. give your self 4 to 5 hours for this trip too. Baldy hot spring was AWESOME too which is close to areanl, allow many hours for this your body will thank you for it. La Fortuna is the biggest town around, great shopping and foods. AREANL should be a 2 day trip. there is very much to see with the town the volcano & baldy hot springs, A hotel room you can get for about $30.00. The people throughout Costa Rica were friendly spoke English well, took dollars, I seen no thieft or drug offers like i did in Mexico. Well your adventure awaits enjoy.

Tim B.
Aug 09, 2011

thats not intirely true, it is a condo that has some timeshares too. the old units are the condos & the new ones are the timeshares

Tim B.
Aug 16, 2011

We also got back from Costa Rica and we bought the package. Has anyone received their rental payments? Optimus has promised $7500 each year for the next 10 years and they are selling our Summerbay time share. It look like payment are made in Dec of the yr. We have to wait for 2013 for any payment. Has anyone hear anything else on this? Thanks Jim

Jim W.
Aug 20, 2011

Good luck. I don't think many of us have received any payments as we were promised.

Joseph S.
Aug 20, 2011

Are any of you using Optimus Inventory Distribution for your time resale? Talking with the sale team, they noted they switched to Optimus from Executive Prop 2yrs ago. to provide a better option for their clients. Note you can move your weeks to any other timeshare inventory company, has anyone on the Executive Prop tried that yet?

Jim W.
Aug 24, 2011

jimw376 wrote:
Are any of you using Optimus Inventory Distribution for your time resale? Talking with the sale team, they noted they switched to Optimus from Executive Prop 2yrs ago. to provide a better option for their clients. Note you can move your weeks to any other timeshare inventory company, has anyone on the Executive Prop tried that yet?

We have not recieved payments yet from Executive Properties. Funny they said that they switched to Optimus two years ago because we were there less than a year ago, last September. Has anyone had any payments from any inventory company? We have turned ours over to an attorney.

Karla S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.