Timeshare Companies

I am a former TIMESHARE EMPLOYEE IN MEXICO

Jan 23, 2018

sherbyo wrote:
Thank you for your reply, me and my partner paid full amount for it $17,000 for 30yrs. Just want to know if u know any legit agency that i can contact to try resell it. Even if we don't get the full amount already? Thank you

I'm sorry, but there is really nothing more that I can personally add to the input and observations I offered previously. Maybe others will offer you some different input.

I am not aware of ANY agency or entity ANYWHERE that could successfully sell your Mexican RTU timeshare contract in the resale market --- at ANY price.

There are certainly LOTS of entities around, both here in the U.S. and in Mexico, that will happily take even more of your money "upfront" --- to ultimately accomplish absolutely nothing. Just please always remind yourself as often as necessary that BUYERS pay money and sellers RECEIVE money. Any proposed scheme that deviates from that simple and straightforward truth carries the strong and foul aroma of a scam. As a seller, you don't PAY money, except for self-advertising!

Fwiw, there are currently well over 100 Mexican RTU contracts being advertised / offered right here on RedWeek at widely varying prices in Cancun alone. Perhaps consider advertising in that same venue; it would not cost you much to try. I have no idea how many (if any) of those advertised Mexican RTU contracts ever find willing new recipients, or at what price, but I nonetheless wish you luck and success.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 23, 2018 01:04 PM

Jan 23, 2018

Thank you so much for the info 😀😁

ken1193 wrote:
sherbyo wrote:
Thank you for your reply, me and my partner paid full amount for it $17,000 for 30yrs. Just want to know if u know any legit agency that i can contact to try resell it. Even if we don't get the full amount already? Thank you

I'm sorry, but there is really nothing more that I can personally add to the input and observations I offered previously. Maybe others will offer you some different input.

I am not aware of ANY agency or entity ANYWHERE that could successfully sell your Mexican RTU timeshare contract in the resale market --- at ANY price.

There are certainly LOTS of entities around, both here in the U.S. and in Mexico, that will happily take even more of your money "upfront" --- to ultimately accomplish absolutely nothing. Just please always remind yourself as often as necessary that BUYERS pay money and sellers RECEIVE money. Any proposed scheme that deviates from that simple and straightforward truth carries the strong and foul aroma of a scam. As a seller, you don't PAY money, except for self-advertising!

Fwiw, there are currently well over 100 Mexican RTU contracts being advertised / offered right here on RedWeek at widely varying prices in Cancun alone. Perhaps consider advertising in that same venue; it would not cost you much to try. I have no idea how many (if any) of those advertised Mexican RTU contracts ever find willing new recipients, or at what price, but I nonetheless wish you luck and success.

Sherby O.
Jan 26, 2018

sherbyo wrote:
Thank you so much for the info 😀😁

You are very welcome. I wish that I could offer you more positive and encouraging input, but I assume that you want to know the honest and unvarnished truth.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 26, 2018 11:11 AM

Feb 08, 2018

I own 1 week in AZ bought from the developer. Now buying another week in Vegas on the resale market. I agree its about buyers remorse. we use our points you use the RCI options to stay other places. If a person uses what they bought for the intended purpose of vacationing where they bought at they should be happy. These places are expensive to maintain and it cost money.

Bob B.
Feb 08, 2018

bobb722 wrote:
If a person uses what they bought for the intended purpose of vacationing where they bought at they should be happy. These places are expensive to maintain and it cost money.

Absolutely correct. But it is always recommended that, before buying any timeshare, that the person do some research and deeply consider his travel desires, needs, and circumstances before even taking one for free.

Lance C.
Feb 09, 2018

bobb722 wrote:
If a person uses what they bought for the intended purpose of vacationing where they bought at they should be happy. These places are expensive to maintain and it cost money.

I agree completely. We have owned, used and greatly enjoyed a handful of timeshare weeks for many years now and, God willing, will do so for some years yet to come.

HOWEVER, an important point for potential timeshare buyers to learn and to fully understand is that they NEVER have to grossly overpay by buying a timeshare (at inflated retail prices) directly from any developer. Any and every timeshare product being sold at inflated prices by any developer anywhere can be purchased in the secondary (resale) market for pennies on the dollar. There is no need to EVER pay obscene and exorbitant developer-direct prices. According to the timeshare developer's association (called ARDA), the AVERAGE developer-direct timeshare purchase price paid last year was $20,940. IMO, that's just sad and obscene.

It's wise and helpful to always remember that EVERY timeshare on the planet is a USED timeshare --- lots of other people have used ("shared") it before you and lots of other people will do so in the future after you. It's not like buying a brand new house or a brand new car or a brand new anything else. Prudent timeshare buyers will ONLY purchase timeshare(s) in the resale market --- NEVER developer-direct.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 09, 2018 06:13 AM

Jul 01, 2018

I’m gonna have to agree with the closer, I’ve been a victim of timeshare scams, lied to in the states and still bought in Mexico, however, I just know when it’s a good deal, why are some trying to sell it, in Mexico 30 yrs of use in a nice resort verses a hotel room, I’ll take it, nice is always better, sure it cost 18k in the long run but your gonna pay it anyway, do the math, I’ve always wanted to sell timeshares after I bought it cause it’s a money making market and you can sell it honestly and if you can’t then you didn’t explain it correctly. If you get fired for being honest, then that’s not the company you should work for, find another. I don’t sell timeshares yet but I own a few and use some with points, is it worth it? Let’s see, 18000.00 in the long run, now this is being an honest salesman, devided by 30 years or 360 months equals $50.00 a year and in Mexico most gave no interest. That’s what I would show 1st off, who want a 30yr note, not me, so most will pitch 2-4 or maybe 7 years but in months cause it seems like nothing when you say months, so 4 yrs is around $370 plus your offered 4 additional years at no cost to you, keep in mind no matter what your gonna pay for rooms or usage either way but as a member it would be discounted but once you get you free weeks, it absolutely free and in writing. All inclusive resorts, that’s a steal cause again when you book online you’ll get 30-50% discounts and if it’s free it’s free, let’s do the math and see if it’s worth it, most all inclusive 1 bedrooms in a resort will cost around 120 let’s say, a nice hotel, $99. A day x 7 days= $700.00 and $120pp x 2 = 1400.00 sounds expensive huh but like I started, your gonna spend it anyway, $700 in a hotel plus breakfast, lunch, dinner and all yours cokes, waters and alcohol, hmmm, for 2 people, I spend $ 100. A day easy on 3 meals for 2 plus drinks are not cheap and she usually will drink ahh let’s say $20.00 worth all day and we know that doesn’t include me and it’s more than $20 just for hers but let’s just say, $100 a day plus $20 for her drinks that’s $120 x 7= $840 plus the $700 hotel room equals $1540.00, get the picture, you paid it in the long run. All inclusive resorts, drink all you want and eat all you want plus pools and free drinks, You’re going to pay it anyway so why not enjoy the resort and get your free weeks and you’ll pay nothing at all. Sure now you are you thinking $18,000 for for free all inclusive room in a resort but remember members get big discounts at any of the sister resorts and it will never ever be a hotel room no matter where you go, It will be the room style you paid for. No I think that’s being honest, so I’m still going to try and sell timeshares.

Edward E.
Jul 01, 2018

$17,000 in 30 years less than $50 a day, if you’re not ever ever going to use it then maybe it was a bad move but if you are going to use it then why sell it, If you try to book it online, the cost is the cost but is a member depending where you bought, you get discounts for the next 30 years. That’s the way I see it and I don’t sell timeshares but I do buy into them if I see a good deal. If you got any free weeks, sell them on red week or online, everybody wants to vacation.

Edward E.
Jul 01, 2018

Once a scammer always a scammer .

Don P.
Jul 01, 2018

You can try to sell timeshares if you wish. But the math rarely works out for most people. It might work for you but not for most. And if owning one works for you, then great. Enjoy what you own. Unfortunately for many, they bought under pressure without really doing the math and their homework and now owning one is more of a burden than an enjoyment.

Lance C.
Jul 01, 2018

True, most do get pressured into it, most vacation going folks get suckered in because of the deal at the end, free shows and usually $100 gift certificate, I’ve been pressured in to them myself in the beginning, now I just try to do the math and if 1 can’t afford it, they need to say no, either way the gifts are yours.

Edward E.
Jul 13, 2018

I have worked at timeshares in Mexico as a closer and still believe that they are great deals - as long as you know exactly what you are buying. Most do not.

When you purchase in Mexico, you have no protection as you don't really own anything, but air. You cannot purchase a timeshare with a deed. You do not own a specific week or unit - just air.

Unfortunately, as we all know, many sales people lie and the resort backs it up. That's why it is so important to review the paperwork ASAP.

Mexico has great deals and beautiful resorts. I would never buy at a resort in Mexico, only on the resale market outside of Mexico. Why? There are plenty or properties that you can buy for under $1,000 on the resale market and plenty of properties to trade into Mexico through the exchange company.

Much better deal than the edward66 is telling you.

Wayne C.
Jul 14, 2018

Good day! My family and I was able to send a cancellation letter during the rescission period. The timeshare contract was for a lifetime. I talked to a representative of the corporate office of the resort. The resort received our cancellation letter and the person I spoke with is refusing our cancellation. His defence is because we used the services. The so-called services he is saying were offered to us. Even the sales agent I spoke with way before him says they are gifts. He is tying us to the contract because of the "services".

What to do?

Ofnilieta A.
Jul 14, 2018

Keep copies of the cancellation notification and forget you ever heard of them .

Don P.
Jul 14, 2018

The person is insisting that we could not cancel because of the "services" and mentioning about a collection agency. He wants us to think that our cancellation letter means nothing. How do we go around this?

Ofnilieta A.
Jul 14, 2018

Basically, just ignore whatever they tell you. If you sent a proper cancellation within the specified recession period and you have proof of delivery there is nothing they can do. If you actually do get contacted by a collection agency at some point, just threaten them with a complaint under the Fair Credit Billing Act.

David K.
Jul 14, 2018

As long as it is before the rescission period, anyone can cancel. If they tell you that you cannot - that's Mexico for you.

Thw things you can do to remedy this.

1. Send them one more letter informing them that you will contact Profecco. They will back you up.

2. Contact your credit card company and file a dispute.

NEVER EVER buy a timeshare on a sales presentation from the resort. You will never own anything but air in Mexico.

I have worked in Mexico for many years as a timeshare sales, marketing and contracts professional.

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 08:05 AM

Jul 15, 2018

Thank you!

Ofnilieta A.
Jul 15, 2018

I am planning to send an email to numerous people that can and may be able to help me and my family about the cancellation of this Mexican timeshare contract. May I cc to this email, wayne?

Edit: wayne, gmail said that your address could not be found.

Ofnilieta A.

Last edited by ofnilietaa on Jul 15, 2018 10:35 AM

Jul 15, 2018

If your timeshare in Mexico is a Right-to-use (RTU) instead of deeded property, then your best way to cancel the contract is to just stop paying your maintenance fees. It seems to work for many people. You do not need the "help"of the many firms out there that are more than happy to take your money and then do nothing or just tell you what I just told you...to stop paying maintenance fees.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.