General Discussion

Anyone who has experience with Sapphire Holiday Collection weeks ?

Feb 15, 2018

Well, good luck. If you purchased weeks from Sapphire it's possible you will be able to use them. I purchased a year ago but paid extra for "VIP Benefits" that would allow you to use those weeks as "points" toward airfare and other travel. Unfortunately, I and the others in this forum have not received those VIP Benefits. That seems to be a scam. Let us know if you are successful in receiving in any extra benefits or if you just use your weeks. I intend to use the Sapphire website soon to see if the weeks are available as advertised.

debbieg383 wrote:
I just purchased a month ago in Porto Vallarta Mexico and I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Cheryl T.
Feb 15, 2018

Debbie383 Call your credit card company and try to get a refund as soon as possible. They string you along until it is to late to try and get a refund. DO NOT sign a contract with asivig group because then when you call sapphire they try to say there is nothing they can do. Asivig group never reply’s to email and their phone number is always busy or not in service.

Richard H.
Feb 16, 2018

Yes Debbie, reverse your charge IMMEDIATELY. I also was scammed. Sapphire collections string you along, blame the associate company.

Bryan W.
Mar 07, 2018

Email reply from SHC when I asked them how to get my vacation vouchers from Asivig Group. Asivig Group phones always ring busy and they never reply to email.

Hello Mr. XXXXXXX; Thank you for your comments and remarks. We are sorry for the inconveniences that the management company has caused you if it was unable to deliver in time. Please know that, to exercise your rights to access the VIP Benefits, you are free to choose and affiliate with the management company of your choosing. Sapphire Holiday Collection has no authority to modify or amend the management company´s procedures or to enable your VIP Benefits per clause number 3 of our contract. We would also like to state that Sapphire Holiday Collection is not in breach of contract and refund does not apply if cancellation is requested. Having said this, we would like to reaffirm that we are fully committed to help you to plan your future vacations and invite you to take advantage of your Free Week Certificate or to book at very low rates, which is the essence of your membership. Please reply to this email with your comments and concerns. All our conversations and correspondence must be in writing, for recording purposes. Kind regards.

I did not pay $3000 to have a membership. It was to use vacation certificates that I paid for and did not receive.

Richard H.
Mar 07, 2018

Sadly it is a scam. Here is my letter. This time with MTS (after passing with ASEVIG) :

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx,

Hector spoke to Management with regards to your case and in response we would like to say we regret to hear that the marketing company has not complied with their agreement and particularly worrying is their lack of response to your emails and calls. We would also like to state that Sapphire Holiday Collection is not in breach of contract and refund does not apply if cancellation is requested.

Please be aware that we are prepared to take the necessary measures if the management company´s performance is causing us a negative feedback from our members.

Unfortunately, SHC doesn´t have the authority to modify or amend the management company´s procedures to enable your VIP Benefits per clause number 3.1 of our contract.

Having said this, we would like to reaffirm that we are fully committed to help you to plan your future vacations and invite you to take advantage of your Free Week Certificate  or to book at very low rates, which is the essence of your membership.

Please advise.

Diego M.
Mar 07, 2018

These low life vacation clubs take your money and then string you along until the time has expired to dispute the charge on your credit card. It's a SCAM that has been going on a long time . Unfortunately by the time most of the victims find the forums it's too late to recover their money .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 07, 2018 08:03 PM

Mar 08, 2018

I would be interested to know how many people that have read these posts decided not to buy with Sapphire Holiday Collection. I lost my money but I hope I can stop other people from making the same mistake. Please reply to this post with a comment and let me know if this was helpful.

Richard H.
Mar 27, 2018

SCAM Sapphire took my $4000 for a vacation discount program. they are saying the VIP vouchers were not part of the purchase promise and just a marketing tool an they are not responsible for the marketing company. I'm looking into possible class action litigation

Simone Z.
Mar 27, 2018

that is almost exactly the email I received and the reply I sent. They give you the rap about changing marketing companies but they never do that. I am looking into possible class action litigation

Simone Z.
May 01, 2018

Hello jefferyl32,

Did you get your travel awards issues solved with SHC? Would you be willing to share your experiences and how did you go about to get it? I purchased 55 weeks with SHC 7 months ago. I contacted them countless times via emails and phone calls about my VIP Benefits travel vouchers. Finally I got a hold of someone 3 days ago; they told me that I have to contact Marketing Travel Solutions to activate my VIP Benefits. I asked for phone #, they said they only have email address. I emailed Marketing Travel Solutions 7 times already and did not get any email back. Appreciate if you can give an update.

Thank you!

Liz S.
May 01, 2018

Hello,

Cancel immediately!!! I was FINALLY able to get reimbursed after getting Atty General's office involved. Call your credit card and cancel transaction while you still can

Bryan W.
May 01, 2018

I am sorry to say this is a scam. Read the blog string on this site. SHC leads you on until it is too late to get your refund from your credit card. You should probably still reach out to your credit card company and see if they will help you. I was able to get my money back, but I started the complaint process within 30 days of purchase when I started to get a bad vibe from correspondence. It took me 7 months of fighting and a lot of emails as I had to wait for the 6 months waiting period from Asevig to confirm it was a scam (I kept every email and printed them for my records). I finally mailed Bank of America a 45 page collection of information and emails with a detailed cover letter and time line of correspondence and I got my $5200 refunded.

Good luck to you.

Carol M.
May 02, 2018

those who got your money back with your bank and the attorney general please share how you did that. I'm out $4000 with a mile long string of emails with excuses

Simone Z.
May 03, 2018

Contact your payment method company immediately. The secret is not to have used any aspect of this service and also to prove that you did not know you were scammed until now. Basically if you have records that show them stringing you along with 6 month waiting periods which never amounted to anything you might have a chance. I was successful because I contacted my BOA credit card company within 30 days when I got the first hint of something fishy. I explained the 120 day waiting period for Asevig and they said i had to wait that out. If it indeed did not turn out as advertised, they would help me then. So i began to document everything and to write a running narrative of communications with attached emails. I kept checking in with BOA throughout to make sure my case was still open and active. I wrote down everyone's names. I was also a 15 year customer of BOA so I used my loyalty to inspire them to help me. It took months. I bought Sapphire in December, Contacted BOA in January, gave up in Asevig in June and got my money back in July.

Carol M.

Last edited by carolm877 on May 03, 2018 05:40 PM

May 05, 2018

What is the email address you received this from as I think we should all email this person?

Timothy H.
May 06, 2018

Hello Bryan

Could you share the info that you have? Did you call the attorney General of the area where you live? Where they are located? What address did you use? I read the address in their contract does not match anything.

Thank you

Dm

Diego M.
May 07, 2018

My only contact with Sapphire was email or phone.... They were very nice at first but the more I got anxious about the Asevig waiting period and the secondary agreement that Asevig made me sign, the less "Freddy" at Sapphire responded.

I did also email and call Asevig right away (within one month of purchase) for further explanation on the 6 month activation period and we got into a pretty heated argument. The gal I spoke with was very unprofessional and belligerent. I smelled a rat. And I started to wonder if I even wanted the hassle of dealing with this company. It was nowhere near as smooth and easy as presented in the sales pitch. I bought into this time share for the airline miles alone which is what Asevig supposedly handles. But after my interactions with them were so negative, I wondered what kind of a nightmare booking airfares might be.

But. after contacting my credit card company (BOA) I cooperated with signing second agreement and waited out the 6 month time as indicated in the initial contract so that I was doing my part. This is what my credit card company advised me to do. The whole time though I kept records and kept in contact with my credit card company to make sure my case remained active. When indeed after 6 months, none of the Asevig promises were fulfilled, then my credit card company asked for a complete correspondence history. I mailed them over 40 pages of emails with a 3 page narrative of the timeline of events. Bank of America made good on their agreement and eventually reimbursed me for my $5200. What a relief and what a nightmare. I never contacted anyone like the Attorney General but perhaps I should. As this took place in Mexico, I was not sure there was any point. But they are crooks.

Carol M.
May 17, 2018

Thank you for this info.

My website: tán bột lông mày ngang

Erickem B.

Last edited by erickemb on May 28, 2018 02:45 AM

May 17, 2018

We paid $3200 November 2016 purchasing mainly to use for flights to time share in Mexico. Just as all the others have said, we were strung along in the same manner. In January 2018 I called my credit card company and explained what had transpired. I filed a dispute. Asevig and SHC had nothing to come back with other than the paying for ride and breakfast that was offered I submitted copies of ALL correspondence. We proved they provided nothing. We got our money back March 2018.

Jodie Evans

simonez wrote:
those who got your money back with your bank and the attorney general please share how you did that. I'm out $4000 with a mile long string of emails with excuses

Jodie E.
May 18, 2018

Our last trip to Puerto Vallarta I talked to guy that was a law student and he told me to bring all my information with me my next trip and he will take me to a place called Profeco Protecion Agency Federal. You can file a complaint with them against Sapphire Holiday Collection.

Richard H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.