Hyatt Vacation Club at The Welk

Location at Resort

Nov 03, 2006

Can you tell me where you would recommend staying at the Lawrence Welk Resort Villas? I have read some negative reviews about noise and construction and dark units. Thanks..Jeanne Brophy

Jeanne
Apr 04, 2007

jeanneb2 wrote:
Can you tell me where you would recommend staying at the Lawrence Welk Resort Villas? I have read some negative reviews about noise and construction and dark units. Thanks..Jeanne Brophy

Jean, There are actually two Welk resorts on this site--the "original" Lawrence Welk Villas and the "newer" Villas On The Green (lockout properties.) The original side has no construction going on. In fact, the first phases of "On The Green" construction are now completed as well, and the shopping area/restaurant/pizza shop has been completely redone as well. The new construction now is going on up the hill behind and around the original LW Villas, and most likely far enough away as to not even bother the closest villas on the far side of the "fishing lake", so exchange or rent freely and be ready to enjoy. We've stayed there a dozen or more times in the past few years, and parents have owned as well on the original side for much longer, and have never had a bad stay "at the Welk." (Do be aware of the 1-in-4 exchange rule however.) You can contact us back here if you're looking for an '07 Winter holiday week (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's), as we may be able to help.

Jake B.
Apr 22, 2007

jakeb wrote:
jeanneb2 wrote:

Jean, There are actually two Welk resorts on this site--the "original" Lawrence Welk Villas and the "newer" Villas On The Green (lockout properties.) The original side has no construction going on. In fact, the first phases of "On The Green" construction are now completed as well, and the shopping area/restaurant/pizza shop has been completely redone as well. The new construction now is going on up the hill behind and around the original LW Villas, and most likely far enough away as to not even bother the closest villas on the far side of the "fishing lake", so exchange or rent freely and be ready to enjoy. We've stayed there a dozen or more times in the past few years, and parents have owned as well on the original side for much longer, and have never had a bad stay "at the Welk." (Do be aware of the 1-in-4 exchange rule however.) You can contact us back here if you're looking for an '07 Winter holiday week (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's), as we may be able to help.

What is the 1 in 4 exchange rule? Please advise.

Hugh B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.