Club Regina Los Cabos

Club Condition

Apr 13, 2009

I just visited Club Regina after the "renovation" and it is an improvement from before. All the bold colors were toned down. I enjoyed eating at the Westin restaurant on the beach - La Playa - and it was excellent and comparably priced. This was in March 2009. I had a great view and I prefer San Jose to Cabo anyday as it's quieter and has class. The club still has to continue to upgrade the rooms - I wrote suggestion for new kitchen and bath counter, a new stove top as well. Maid service is excellent.

Elaine C.
Jul 07, 2010

cloud3 wrote:
bob589 wrote:
Been a member here since mid.19 90's. Regina continues to go down hill in quality in comparison to other area resorts. It badly needs updating. Member pool is B-grade, with ceramic tiles and exit ladder falling off. Rooms are out dated and also need new amenities. Prices are way out of line and practically no one eats at the resort because of that. Poolside drinks are cost prohibitive, i.e. Bourbon & Coke is over $7.
---------------------------------------------- Is this the resort that was recently bought by the Raintree organization? If so, maybe they have plans to improve the conditions.

Cheri K.
Jul 07, 2010

I liked the color changes, but did not enjoy the food or some of the entertainment at the Mexican fiesta so graciously given as one of the perks of the timeshare presentation. Raintree also now charges for Bartending class, parking and additional fee for valet. They can no longer use the Westin underground parking structure so your car is parked wherever they/you can find a spot outdoors. That is why the club encourages you to use the valet service. I still feel service is great, housekeepers do a superb job of cleaning, adult pool guys are fun (especially Alexi) .

Cheri K.
Mar 14, 2012

Returned with friends to this resort and found the unit to be upgraded with new kitchen appliances (now a double door refrigerator) and toned-down coloring. I am not happy with the charge to "cocktail classes", although it is quite inexpensive. In loteria, a free drink is given as prizes which is fine with me. My friend's maintanence fee is still going up faster than the renovations. Was very happy to see Alexi at the adult pool bar, as he is friendly to all, funny but extremely professional. Its the staff: concierge, workers, housekeeping, drivers etc. that makes this place the joy it is to visit.

Cheri K.

Last edited by cherik16 on Mar 14, 2012 05:00 AM

Jul 23, 2019

Update 2019 - Looks great! They are always painting, cleaning, planting, etc. to keep the place looking fresh. Some areas could use more plants, but it is a desert climate and I'd rather not have them waste money on irrigation to create fake tropical landscapes! Overall I would say the condition is excellent!

Monica D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.