The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa

ownership in the Westin Laqunamar resort

Jan 23, 2015

Was looking at Lagunamar on resale. Is the bottom line that if you find a resale property then you just have to like the property year after year??

How are you treated in terms of which building you get (concerning views, etc.)

Thank you! David

michaeld439 wrote:
No points when you buy resale but you can save MANY THOUSANDS of DOLLARS buying resale and use Interval International to trade with other Starwood or other resorts. Contact me as I own several villas here, all resale.

David S.
Jan 23, 2015

David, All owners at the resort are treated the same at the resort in terms of views and all. Mostly based on how far in advance you make reservation and what requests you make. If you want to go to Lagunamar every other year you could do buy a unit for that. But you can also simply trade your unit through Interval Intenational for thousands of other places around the world. I own several at lagunamar and sometimes rent it out on RW when not going to use or trade into Interval. Either are simple. See my add in rentals there for 4/4/15 and you'll see what I mean. Hope it helps.

davids2271 wrote:
Was looking at Lagunamar on resale. Is the bottom line that if you find a resale property then you just have to like the property year after year??

How are you treated in terms of which building you get (concerning views, etc.)

Thank you! David

michaeld439 wrote:
No points when you buy resale but you can save MANY THOUSANDS of DOLLARS buying resale and use Interval International to trade with other Starwood or other resorts. Contact me as I own several villas here, all resale.

Michael & Julie

Last edited by michaeld439 on Jan 23, 2015 06:12 PM

Sep 08, 2016

michael439, I would like to talk to you directly but don't know how to get a hold of you. here is my email acquirel@yahoo.com

Luke S.
Feb 20, 2020

michael,

I am thinking about buying a resale - 2 bedroom unit @ the lagunamar resort, if we trade with interval do the floating weeks become a factor ? the unit we are looking at has the following weeks available in cancun. gold weeks 18-23, 36-43, 48-50

thanks Bob

Robert S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.